Today I bottled five batches of the cider I last racked on Christmas Eve.
All batches have fermented to completely dry. The batches are divided between wine bottles and pressure safe bottles. I back sweetened the batches in the champagne and swing-top bottles using apple juice that I froze fresh this fall. This brought the specific gravity up by 0.005. This should add a bit of carbonation if there is any live yeast left, if not, it adds a bit of sweetness.
The ciders are:
- 2013 Raspberry 71B-1122, 3 gallons split between wine and champagne bottles.
- 2013 D-47 cider, 3 gallons split between wine and champagne bottles.
- WLP775 Cider, 3 gallons in swing-top bottles
- 2013 71B-1122 Cider, 1 gallon in pressure safe bottles.
- 2013 Blueberry cider, 1 gallon in wine bottles.