PodcastBaker is a quick Python script to create an iTunes compatable Podcast RSS feed from MP3 files in directory. There are currently two versions: one that uses the filenames and ID3v2 metadata to generate a Podcast, and one that scrapes webpages of feed-less "podcasts" to create a true Podcast.
The Flatwater Paddling Guide is a place for me to keep notes on where to canoe and kayak. It is also a convenient way to view the current flow rates on local rivers.
Patterns can arise in chemical, physical, ecological, and biological systems due to the interaction of reaction and diffusion. This project analyzed two-dimensional Turing patterns in a modified Lotka-Volterra model. Animations and other details are on this project's page.
Materials I created when teaching the LabVIEW portion of Electronics II.
Presentation materials for an Introduction to Astronomy.
While at Taylor University I was one of three students who lead the project to build a pico-satellite. Our satellite, TUSat1, was a double CubeSat. TUSat1 was to be an experimental communications satellite with several scientific sensors. Most of my work was on the communications system. TUSat1 was completed but it was never launched. A successor satellite (TSAT) was eventually launched, and it even had my name printed on it. I mentioned this project several times on my blog.
As part of the satellite project and my operating systems class, I worked on a daemon for serial (RS-232) communications over a network. This allowed multiple programs to access a serial port on a Linux box over a network in order to make maintenance and administration of the satellite radio room at easier.
Yes, I know you can perform the basic functions of this daemon using common bash commands. This project was to provide a more stable, secure, multi-user option.
My AI class semester project (spring 2002) was to make a robot to play the game Merels (Nine Man Morris.)
I wrote an update to WheatBlog, an early open source blog program. I ran the news section of my school website on my version of WheatBlog. The next official release (WheatBlogApp 0.03β) was a rewrite by the original designer. I continued using my version of WheatBlog for several years.