It looks like the Emerald Ash Borer (Agrilus planipennis) has reached our neighborhood. The Ash trees in the area have been looking sick, but last night we finally realized that it was probably caused by Emerald Ash Borer. Oh well. The homogenization of the earth continues.
- Information about Emerald Ash Borer:
- Emerald Ash Borer (USDA Forest Service, Michigan State University, Purdue University, and Ohio State University)
- Forest Health Protection--Emerald Ash Borer (US Forest Service)
- Pest Alert: Emerald Ash Borer (US Forest Service)
- Plant Pest Information: Emerald Ash Borer (USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service)
- Local news:
- Parks board OKs plan to cut down 300 dying ash trees (News-Sentinel)
- 300 of city's worst ash trees will be removed (News-Sentinel)
- City to cut down 300 ash trees (Journal Gazette)
The image was found on Wikipedia, and is originally from the UDSA.