Sunday afternoon I used a roll of T-Max 100 to mess around with multiple exposures. I managed to mess up on the exposure calculations. Every shot was underexposed. For eight exposures per frame, each exposure should be at -3 stops. (Assuming I want all exposures to be the same. (ln(8)/ ln(2))=3 --> 3 stops.) I was shooting at -8 stops. My pictures were five stops underexposed. Each frame needed 32 times the light that I gave it. (I exposed at 8=(ln(x)/ln(2)) --> x=32. I was working with 9 exposures most of the time, so it was even worse!) Oh well . . . I probably won't make that mistake again for a while. The frames with fewer exposures---only a stop or two off---look OK. If I had been shooting slide film, the slides would have been all black.

Yesterday I fiddled with rear-curtain sync flash. I learned that the N8008s does support rear-curtain sync, but requires a SB-24---or better---flash. The N90 can do rear-curtain sync with any TTL flash. I still haven't gotten the correct balance between ambient light and flash. I was trying to get a nice blur, with a fairly sharp image at the end. I got a nice sharp background and a really blurry subject. The last time I used rear-curtain sync, I had a sharp subject, but not enough blur.

Rolling and developing my own black and white film is a cheep way to experiment. It is an order of magnitude less expensive than slides and mailers. I can also look at my pictures the same day. It would be nice to use digital for experiments, but a decent digital SLR body costs over $1000. I need to add a couple lenses and flashes to my collection before I add a digital camera.